When you decide to set up your own website, you will be faced with the decision of whether to host your own site or not. Many people decide to go for a hosting platform because it ends up being cheaper, it means you actually own your own domain name and you can accomplish more with your site such as expanding and making more money from it.
But what hosting site do you go for? There are so many out there and they all seem to offer different benefits. It can be hard to know where to begin. But luckily, HostPresto are here to make this decision easier, by offering an excellent hosting platform with hundreds of benefits.
Who are HostPresto?
Started in a bedroom in England in 2001, HostPresto was originally called Dream Hosting. They offered small web hosting packages to users via eBay. They became incorporated in 2006 under the name Enix Ltd and in 2007 updated all of its hardware to the UK. This means that since then all of their hardware and data centres are now based in the UK and they plan to keep it this way.
In 2009, Enix Ltd launched four more UK brands targeting the different sectors of the UK hosting market, from personal to businesses. In 2014, Enix Ltd combined all of their brands into HostPresto. They now have a multi-service focus which means they provide customers with several different options – depending on their needs. So from humble beginnings to one of the country’s leading web hosts – you can see why people choose to go with HostPresto.
What type of hosting do they offer?
This is why HostPresto are one of the UK’s most popular hosting platforms – because of how many different types of hosting they offer. As standard they have web hosting, reseller hosting and email hosting. But they also host several different apps – including Wordpress, Magento and Joomla. This means that whatever your preference of app – you can host it on HostPresto with minimal disruption and hassle to you.
If you run a Wordpress site, then HostPresto make it incredibly easy to use this with their service. They have Wordpress Starter packages all the way up to Pro+. This means that you can decide on what package best suits you, but all with the familiarity and easiness of Wordpress. It’s super easy to do because you can install it in one click. All Wordpress installs are automatically updated to the latest version too – meaning you never have to worry about being out of date, or manually updating.
Why should I use HostPresto over other, larger companies?
HostPresto are not the only hosting company out there. You may have heard of some of the larger companies like GoDaddy, iPage and HostGator. But there are many reasons why you should choose HostPresto instead of these other companies.
Because they are based in the UK, HostPresto understand the UK market, and what a UK client will want from their hosting provider. They participate in lots of market research, which enables them to really understand their UK clients. Not only do they know how the UK market works, but they know how to expand this internationally – while still remaining close to home.
Being based in the UK also means that all of their support teams are from the UK too. This often means that you will receive higher class service and support and in a far more efficient way. You won’t wait ages to receive the support, and all the teams will be in the same time zone as you. This is important, because if you’re having issues then you want to get hold of someone as quickly as possible in order to get it fixed. Sometimes if you’re waiting around for customer support to get in contact, that can be valuable time that you’re wasting.
What else do HostPresto offer?
HostPresto are the ideal choice for any UK based blogger or business owner. They offer a variety of packages that can suit your needs exactly. They have six basic packages which range from starter at £3.50 per month, all the way to pro+ at £18 per month. This means that whether you’re just starting a casual blog, or whether you want a website for a business which you plan to grow, you can host the perfect site at HostPresto.
Their servers are totally state-of-the-art which makes them incredibly fast, and 100% reliable. This means that your site is unlikely to suffer issues with performance, and the people visiting your website will be treated to a smooth, problem-free experience. They provide daily backups, so if there is a problem (human or otherwise) you can restore your site to a previous version. The backups go back for four months so you can rest assured that your data will be kept completely safe and secure.
With HostPresto you can also use any domain name – regardless of whether it’s registered with them or not. Depending on the package that you choose, you can also have multiple domain names under one website or even multiple websites under the same account. If you’re with another provider already but are currently unhappy with them, HostPresto will help you transfer to them with total professionalism. This means that you won’t lose any of your site data and none of the hard work you’ve put in so far will be lost.
Why would I move to HostPresto from another provider?
Moving to HostPresto from another provider may seem like a hassle, but it really is worth it. Hosting your site with HostPresto is so easy and they make transferring your data and domain that there’s no reason not to do it.
Unlike larger companies, HostPresto cares sincerely about their customers and wants to provide the best support for them. Being based in the UK means that they are there for you when you need them – and not hours later. They will respond quickly and because there are so many different ways to contact them you will never be left on your own.
What can I expect from their customer support?
Like we said, HostPresto really care about their customers. This is why they are available to contact, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They can be reached via phone, email, by writing to their address, or by using the contact form on their secure client area. This means that your query will be dealt with by a specialist team of people who are there solely to help existing customers.
HostPresto are also home to an amazing community of people who are more than happy to help one another. This is totally different from any other hosting provider who usually just leave their customers to it. With HostPresto, the community are there to help offer their guidance and support and can speak from their own personal experiences with HostPresto. This also means that you can help people who have had similar issues or queries to you.
There are also hundreds of amazing tutorials available to their customers – written by people just like you. So they are easy to understand and follow which will make life far easier for you. Not only that, but if you fancy it – why not submit a tutorial yourself? HostPresto make it incredibly easy for you to submit an example of a tutorial. And if they like it then you can write the full thing, and get paid up to £120! So not only is there a chance to pass on your wisdom, but you can make some money doing it at the same time! This show just how much HostPresto actually appreciate their customers and the knowledge that their customers have.
What package should I choose?
STOP PRESS! If you use the code "TMSPRESTO" at the checkout on HostPresto you will get 50% off your Annual cost. Taking it to only £25+VAT for the year!
Which HostPresto package you choose will depend on your needs. Some people only need a very basic package, whereas some people need a far more comprehensive package.
Let’s start with HostPresto’s basic packages and go through each one, including the benefits and who the package will be suited to.
- Starter package at £3.50 per month. This package is the lowest level you can get, but still offers you a lot. With this you get an unlimited email account, 1GB disk space, unlimited bandwidth and hosting 2 websites. This is a good place to start if you’ve never hosted your own site before and aren’t too sure about where to start. If in doubt, start small and work your way up.
- Starter+ package at £4 per month. Like the starter package you will still get unlimited bandwidth and unlimited email accounts. But with Starter+ you can host 3 websites and have access to 3GB of disk space. This makes it ideal for those who know a little more about owning their own website and want to make slightly more use from it. So inexperienced bloggers would suit this package because they won’t need much more.
- Business package at £7 per month. With this package you get one free domain with your site – meaning you can own your own domain name for no extra charge. You can host up to 6 websites and get 5GB of disk space. You also get twice the CPU and twice the memory than the starter packages. This package is good for smaller businesses as you will be able to achieve everything that you want, without having too much that you don’t need.
- Business+ package at £9.50 per month. Similar to the business package, you get one free domain but you can host up to 10 websites and get 10GB of disk space. This package is ideal for larger, more established businesses that perhaps want more websites for different things and need more disk space to keep more data such as a larger customer database.
- Pro package at £12 per month. You will get one free domain, 15GB of disk space and can host unlimited websites. You will also get four times the CPU and memory as the starter packages. This package is for people or businesses who have owned and established websites in the past and are looking to migrate their sites over. If you already have a large customer database then this is a good package because it allows you to store a large amount of data.
- Pro+ package at £18 per month. This is the top package that HostPresto offer and is similar to the Pro package but you get access to 25GB of disk space, instead of 15GB. This makes it perfect for those who need to store large amounts of data on their site – such as customer info, employee data and data about their site.
You can find more information on each package on their website and choose what package is right for you and your needs. One of the greatest things about HostPresto is that their packages don’t break the bank, so even if you’re on a small budget you can find a great hosting service for you.
Are HostPresto reliable and trustworthy?
It’s easy to read things online which say how good a service or product is but it can still be difficult to trust it. One of the best ways to find out how good something is, is to find out from people who have already used them. That’s why websites like Trust Pilot are so good. They are real reviews from people who have experienced HostPresto first-hand.
On Trust Pilot, HostPresto have had 376 reviews – 97% of which are excellent. People have commented on how much they trust HostPresto and what good value for money they are. One of the other common comments about HostPresto is how good their customer service is. This is incredibly important for all businesses but especially with site hosting. When you have a website, it can be crucial for your business and any time that there is a problem with your site, this can result in a loss of business.